User groups help you restrict Storman access in a holistic way. Multiple users can be assigned to a user group that have permissions set. This article will be useful if you wish to grant access to a particular user group and if you can creating new user groups. During the below process you will be creating a new user group.
Overview of steps:
- Navigate to: Creating the user group
- Create the user group
Step 1. Navigate to: Creating the user group
Open the Users & Groups section by selecting Maintenance Users Groups.
Step 2. Create the user group
- Add new Group. Selecting the green plus at the top right of the groups table and enter the new groups name.
- Assign permission. These are the permissions anyone assigned to this user group will get.
- Assign to users. assign the user group to a group of users.
Hint: Once you enter the new user group name you will need to open the group to continue with its creation.
Hint: Do not forget to tick the override button if you want the group permissions to be considered instead of the individual permission.
Step 3. Save
- Once the new group is created select OK to save and close the new group.