Setting up your Unknown Payment/Mystery deposit account
Posted by Jonathon Wildon, Last modified by Michael Dutton on 20 November 2018 10:45 AM
Requirements: Storman v10.0.77|
This article explains how to setup a specific Other credit sale account to store unknown payments/mystery deposits. This account would then be used to hold payments such as:
Step 1 - Creating the Account
Step 2 - Configuring Storman
1. Create a new other credit sale from the Customers menu > Find Other Credit Sales
2. Click New Credit Sale
3. Enter a Customer name and click OK to save, nothing else needs to be added. We recommended any of the following names:
- Unknown Deposits
- Unknown Payments Account
- Unallocated Payments
4. Note the Credit Sale number, in this example our account we are using is '#00000001'
1. Open Maintenance > System Setup.
2. Under the Configuration tab, find the line 'UNALLOCATED_PAYMENT_ACCOUNT'
3. In the Lookup Value for this record, enter the full Credit Sale number '#00000001'
4. Storman will now recognise and treat this credit sale as a suspense account.
When opening this Other Credit Sale account, everything on the allowing you to only add receipts, modify receipts (to move to the correct storer) and print a list of the receipts.
Please feel free to contact our Support Team if you have any other questions or comments at email@example.com.