Please read this document to get an understanding of the changes that are in version 10 and the effects on you:
How to prepare to install Storman v10
Storman v10 is a major release and as such, has a number of impacts that need to be considered:
- In Version 10, we no longer support merchants that do not “tokenise” their credit cards. Tokenizing is a secure way of processing your customer’s credit cards and bank accounts. Instead of insecurely sending their information over the internet!
- If you already have a payment provider or merchant that is configured in your current Version of Storman. You may need to contact them to change your account to a token system. We can help you with this.
- If you remain with or on a payment provider that does not tokenise credit cards, Storman v10 will not support and will not process Transactions/Payments for your customers.
- Storman v10 now supports the PDF Printer that is built into Microsoft Windows 10. This means that you do not need to use PDF Creator if you are using Windows 10!
- Storman v10 uses encryption to keep data secure. This means all password fields are now masked with *****
- Passwords for staff and users using Storman v10 are now case sensitive and use a new stronger encryption method. If you are using the Complex Password setting in System Setup, passwords will be reset to your Facility Code and will need to be changed again for each user.
- The Storman API now has increased security and Version control. If your company’s website communicates directly to Storman for payments or reservations, please advise your website developer or team to check www.storman.com/api/changelog as there may be changes that need to be made to your website before you upgrade to Storman v10.