Please read this document to get an understanding of the changes that are in version 10 and the effects on you: How to prepare to install Storman v10
Important:If you are upgrading from an earlier version of Storman such as version 8 or version 9, you should ensure you read the Impact statement below.
Storman Reporting: Refreshed and Released!
We have been working behind the scenes to refresh and release our new Storman Online Reporting tool. To use Storman reporting you must:
- Be syncing to a Storman Hub or Storman Central.
- Be using Storman v10.0.14 or higher.
- Want to give our Storman Reporting tool a try? Test Drive Storman Reporting
Release Notes for Storman v10.0.14
These release notes contain a list of all the changes and fixes we have made in Storman v10.0.13. If you have any questions or comments about this release, please get in touch with your nearest Storman office.
New look Storman!
- We have updated our Storman logos and images throughout Storman and Storman Central.
- For Storman Central the automatic data purge, has had the minimum amount of days increased to 10. To accidently removing records from the day before!
- During Daily Processing some users reported an error appearing when trying to process email and letter notices. This has been resolved.
- The automatic calculation of Activity for Daily Processing at Storman Central has been sped up.
- Changes made to notices before they are sent out during daily processing are now updated and saved. The notice is sent out correctly.
- For Storman Users with BPay, we have renamed 'Customer Reference Number' to 'BPay Reference' on the AutoPay & Notices tab of an Agreement.
- We have also removed the hardcoded BillerCode number from Storman Invoices, this should now be displayed on the invoice footer.
Contacts, Agreements and Reservations
- We have resolved two issues where any Notes for a Sales Enquiry would not be carried over when converting to a Reservation or an Aggreement.
- We have fixed a glitch, where adding new receipt to an Agreement, would either tick or untick the 'Always Allow Access' tick box.
- Previously Agreements with multiple Units or multiple Insurance records, changing the amount or date for one would updated all others as well. This has been resolved, only one is updated.
- We have resolved an error that would occur when opening Maintenance > System Setup.
- Storman will also stop asking if you would like to run Cash Books when closing System Setup.
- We have disabled the ability to click the Next or Previous buttons when adding a new notice plan. The new Notice must be saved first.
- When changing the rates of Unit Types, if you were to click Next or Previous the new rage would not save. This has been resolved.
How to get this release
The upgrade is available upon request to all clients on a valid and paid-up Support & Upgrades Subscription. Please contact support and request an upgrade.
Storman v10 is a major release and as such, has a number of impacts that need to be considered:
- In Version 10, we no longer support merchants that do not “tokenise” their credit cards. Tokenizing is a secure way of processing your customer’s credit cards and bank accounts. Instead of insecurely sending their information over the internet!
- If you already have a payment provider or merchant that is configured in your current Version of Storman. You may need to contact them to change your account to a token system. We can help you with this.
- If you remain with or on a payment provider that does not tokenise credit cards, Storman v10 will not support and will not process Transactions/Payments for your customers.
- Storman v10 now supports the PDF Printer that is built into Microsoft Windows 10. This means that you do not need to use PDF Creator if you are using Windows 10!
- Storman v10 uses encryption to keep data secure. This means all password fields are now masked with *****
- Passwords for staff and users using Storman v10 are now case sensitive and use a new stronger encryption method. If you are using the Complex Password setting in System Setup, passwords will be reset to your Facility Code and will need to be changed again for each user.
- The Storman API now has increased security and Version control. If your company’s website communicates directly to Storman for payments or reservations, please advise your website developer or team to checkwww.storman.com/api/changelog as there may be changes that need to be made to your website before you upgrade to Storman v10.