Managing rent changes using an always running rule is a simple and effective tool to set and forget rent changes. During the below process you will be creating a rental change rule.
Overview of steps:
- Navigate to: Rent Changes
- Create the rule
Step 1. Navigate to: Rent Changes
Open the Rent Change Rules section by selecting Maintenance, then Rent Change Rules
Select Add New
Step 2. Create the rule
- Description. This is the name/reason of the increase.
- Rent Adjustment. Enter the amount of rental increase or decrease. This numbers can be negative values.
- Search Criteria. This is where you select what group of Storers the rule applies to.
Important: To run the rule right now, click Run rule now. However, in most cases, you would not run it immediately - but rather wait until the next time Daily Processing was run. If you wish to activate the rule so that it begins running next time you run Daily Processing (and every time after that, until you deactivate it), click Run rule during Daily Processing
Step 3. Save
- Select OK to save and close the new rule.