The Recalculate Balances function checks and fixes matching data for a specified Customer or Agreement or for all Agreements in the system. This function is generally used when a Customer's total balance is showing different values in different places (when they should be the same). Secondary uses of The Recalculate Balance function are for recalculating inventory item totals, move-in dates and rent-from & rent-to dates. During the below process you will be recalculating balances for a single agreement.
Overview of step:
- Navigate to: Recalculate Balances
Step 1. Navigate to: Recalculate Balances
Select Recalculate Balances under the Accounting menu.
Step 2. Recalculate
- Select Agreement. You can choose to recalculate the balances of a single agreement or all agreements.
- Check matching is most commonly used in a Recalculate Balances process. It checks the Customer's transaction matching and will recalculate this data when the Agreement is next opened
- Inventory item quantities will recalculate any inventory item quantity balances.
- Round transaction amounts will search through all transactions for any amounts that are not rounded to the system setting for decimal places and fix any it finds
- Check Unit move in dates will search through all the Units for any occupied ones that have a move in date of 00/00/00 and sets them to equal the current Agreement's move in date.
- Set rent to and from dates on transactions will search for any move out Rental Fee's (Pro-rata's) and checks the date vs. the Agreement's move out date.
Important: If you enter the last 5 characters of the customer code, this function will check all the agreements, reservations and credit sales assigned to the code