A move in is the process of entering a new customer into your facility. When conducting a move in you enter the customers details and any payment information. Gate access and other information are also entered during this process. The following article will give you a simple outline on how to conduct a move in on a new customer.
Overview of steps:
- Navigate to: start a new move in
- Setup the Agreement [Agreement Info]
- Enter additional customer details [Customer Info 1/2]
- Set up your customer's Payment Details [Autopay/Notices]
- Set up your customer's Access Controls & Insurance [Access & Insurance]
- Starting Billing [Transactions]
Step 1. Navigating to: start a new move in
The most common ways to create a new move in is to either double click a vacant lot or select Move In from the dashboard.
A new Agreement window will open and you can start the move in.
Hint: Other ways to start a move in are, converting a sales enquiry, converting a reservation or double clicking a empty unit from the facility map.
Step 2. Setup the Agreement [Agreement Info tab]
- Enter Customer name. If there is a current customer with a similar name you will be prompted to either selecting an existing Storer or create an entirely new customer record.
- Select the unit. Use the green plus and either enter the unit number or select from the list provided.
- Selecting a Billing Plan. Billing plans are how often the person will have rent charged. The most common billing plan is Monthly.
- Enter a Pass Phrase The password in this field is given by nominated people familiar to the storer that have been allowed to discuss their details either over the phone or in person
- Other recurring charges This section is used for any charges that bill on a repeated basis along with the Rent
Step 3. Enter additional Customer details [Customer Info 1/2 tabs]
- Entering customer's primary contact details. Information entered here is used to contact the customer and should be as concise as possible.
- Entering Vehicle information (optional). It is recommended you enter the customer's vehicle information if you offer vehicle access to your site, this should be considered as important as the main contact details
- Entering the customers secondary contact details (highly recommended). If for any reason the customer becomes uncontactable, it is invaluable to refer to an alternative contact to relay details or status of a customer.
Step 4. Set up your customer's Payment Details [Autopay/Notices tab]
- Entering AutoPay details. Storman can integrate with third party Payment Providers (List Here) to process automatic credit card and direct debit payments. If you are interested in applying for integration, please contact Storman Sales.
- Upload photos and other documents. Here you can upload scanned agreements or photo identification that will help you identify the customer or their stored goods.
Step 5. Set up your customer's Access & Insurance [Access & Insrnc tab]
- Setting PIN Code: Storman can integrate with your gate system's software (List here) to monitor site activity and communicate status changes on agreements . If you don't currently use Access control integration please contact Storman Sales.
- Entering Insurance information. Store and track the customer's insurance information including policy numbers, coverage amounts and expiry dates.
- Adding Additional users. Grant access for multiple users to either one or more units on an agreement. This is an optional feature and the PIN’s entered here must be different from the main agreement PIN.
Step 6. Start Billing [Transactions tab]
- Billing Next Charges. This will charge the first amount of rent and any deposits or recurring charges the customer is due to pay.
- Take Payment. Clicking Add Receipt will allow you to enter any payments taken at the time of move in
Step 7. Notes
- Notes can be added in this tab and it is recommended that every interaction you have with the customer is documented here.
Important: You cannot edit or delete a note once it is added and this is for legal purposes.
Step 8. Save
- Once all details are entered. Select OK to save and close the agreement.